Sunday, August 15, 2010

Smart, I am not

So today as I was confirming my hotel reservations for Timberman next week, I noticed that the hotel I am staying at is 30 miles from the race! I chose it because it is the first hotel they plug on the website! My fault for not checking the distance, I will not make that mistake again. When I originally made these reservations (last October) I thought I was being so on top of things. Just makes an early day earlier I guess. Found my bib number 1009 and my swim wave (wave #9 taking off at 7:35am). We are leaving Saturday morning as I'll have to work late Friday (we were originally going to leave Friday).

Full Taper mode in effect. Past couple of results were run 400m, 50 squats, 10 burpees, 4 times for time. Finished in 15:30 previous best was 14:36..

21 burpees. row 500m, 15 burpees, 500m row, 9 burpees, 500m row. Finished in 9:20. Previous best was 9:46.

I think burpees and I have reached an understanding.

3 comments:

  1. We ended up staying far too...just make sure you give yourself enough time. I am sure you will! We parked at the lodge (where they have the expo/packet pick up) and took a bus to the start...it got a little hairy for some who were running late.

    You will do great!! Good luck this week maintaining the mental focus and enjoy the taper! Have fun at Timberman - make sure you take in the scenery while your crankin' out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great race Dan!!! All the training is in the bag. Just go & smash it out on the race course. Your going to do great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear all about it Dan! Go get em!!

    ReplyDelete