Saturday, February 12, 2011

Who thinks of these?

I am wondering who said hey, let's run on a treadmill at 12% grade at a speed 45 seconds slower than our fastest 5K (8.0mph for me) and see what happens.

Well let me tell you, nothing good. Yesterday's WOD was a double. First part was an AMRAP 20 minutes of 100ft. walking lunges (did 16 each leg in place), 10 pull ups, 10 push ups. Finished 10 full rounds. Immediately jumped on the treadmill for the tabata run with Nancy timing me. Pain is not the word, I had to skip one 20 second round because I thought I was going to vomit on the treadmill. Finished and was sweating profusely, really thought I would get sick. The only thing stopping me was I knew I'd have to clean it up. Had to lie down for a few minutes before I could move.

Today was much more sane. Swim 600yds time trial. Finished in 15:01, so slow I know. I have a 300yd swim tomorrow, may bump to the 600yd again to compare.

1 comment:

  1. can you even walk today? I am always sore from anything with walking lunges and that treadmill tabata wod is killer hard.

    ReplyDelete