Monday, November 16, 2009

Getting Started

After reading Martin's training blog, I thought it might be nice to record my own journey. I have come a long way since my training started in January of 2009. I couldn't swim 25 yards and would kill myself to get 2.5 miles on the treadmill in 30 minutes. With a whole lot of help from Max Wunderle and Trimax fitness and with a huge amount of support from my wife Nancy, I completed the REV3 half iron triathlon in early June 2009. This all started as a way to get in the best shape of my life for my 40th birthday (Feb. 2010) and raise some money for a great cause (Jimmy V Foundation).

With the goal accomplished, I set out to try another half iron distance race and complete it in under 6 hours (what was I thinking as it took me 7:06 to finish REV3). I finished the "Belly of the Beast" half iron in 6:45. I have signed up for REV3 again for 2010 as well as Timberman. The goal is the same, finish in under 6 hours. With Max's help I am sure I will be as well prepared as I can be.

I will start putting down my thoughts as I am sure they will get me through the tough training ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment