Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I guess Max does know squat!

Today's workout called for 5 sets of 3 reps of max weight back squats. A little background first. My legs have always been skinny. More importantly they have always been weak. Even when I used to work out a lot (long time ago) I never did squats. When I started this training, I realized I couldn't care about my ego or what I looked like doing any type of exercise prescribed. The goal was to be able to finish. I was fortunate enough to stumble onto Max and he has been helping ever since. One thing I seem to be doing with some regularity is squats.

On November 3rd 2009, the most I could handle for 3 reps was 165lbs.
December 26th I was able to get 185lbs for 5 reps.
Tonight's result was one set at 185lbs, then 4 sets at 205lbs.

These results have made me optimistic about what the season might hold.

2 comments: