Friday, January 8, 2010

You did Deadlifts with your wife?

That was the response my coworker had this morning when I told him that Nancy and I had done deadlifts together last night. I jokingly told him it was our idea of a romantic evening. Kidding aside, it was fun to have a training partner. To get to spend some of these workouts with Nancy is just great. I find myself trying to impress her, why I don't know (she already married me).

Here are the results 225, 265x4. These were 3 rep sets for max weight. Nancy called me "Red" because that's what color my face turned. Had to regrip after the second rep on the last 2 sets. Thought I tweaked my back, but it feels fine this morning.

Went to the pool afterward to practice my Total Immersion techniques. I feel I am making progress and look forward to the time when I swim that I don't look like I am drowning.

3 comments:

  1. You're a lucky man with such a good partner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've given up on my wife as a training partner, but I've been working on my daughter. She has the potential to be so much better than me, but she does not have the motivation yet. I'm a bit green with envy - every man should be as lucky as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are right and I am not just saying that because she reads my blog!

    ReplyDelete