Thursday, January 28, 2010

Is this the way I used to live?

So since my race on Sunday, I've had a couple of very light workouts. I am on the first of 2 consecutive days off. Wow, I can't believe this used to be my everyday life. Don't get me wrong, it is nice walking around without any soreness, but I miss the regimen.

How did I live like this? How could I consider this normal? Do most people live like this? Having a few days off is definitely good for the body, I've kept my diet on track. I am now realizing how much I truly like all of this training. It has become such an integral part of my life, I am thankful for it. The gains that I have made have me dreaming about a great season (now if I could only bike and swim).

Speaking of training, Max has me doing a 13.1 mile run TT on Tuesday, February 23rd. I am thinking of driving to Quassy (where the Rev3 Tri is held) and doing the same run course that we will be doing on race day. I am thinking it will have to be the weekend before or the weekend after. If anyone wants to join me, I'd welcome the company.

I have been impressed with everyone's results this week and I start back in full on February 1st. I may have Nancy guest blog as she has been grumbling a lot about Max this week.

1 comment:

  1. Dan this is the way life should be. Fit and happy!

    I will like to run with you on February 23rd (the day before my birthday) since I have the same 13.1 miles TT.

    Also I have a 100 push ups for time, do you want to do it with me? Before or after the 13.1 miles? :)

    ReplyDelete