Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Yesterday was an off day and Thursday's workout was a double. It seems as if all my workouts are doubles these days.

It consisted of 400 meter run, 30 wall balls (substituted 20lb. dumbbells) 30 box jumps 3x for time. First off, can I say how sore I was from the deadlifts? My hamstrings were so sore in places I have never felt before! I heard a track coach once say, to run fast, you need strong hamstrings. Mine better be getting stronger considering how sore they were. My hands were sore, my entire back was sore. In all of the tough workouts I've done. The deadlifts rank up there with the hardest.
Finished the first half of the workout in 15:47.

Nancy had a tabata that I timed for her in between workouts, which gave me almost 20 minutes to recover. Then hopped on the treadmill for a 5k.

Let me say that my hamstrings were on the verge of cramping the entire run. I finished in 24:55 and was actually satisfied with the time. I didn't have to walk and was glad I was done.

Today's workout was a double too (I am sensing a theme). First part was 15lb. dumbbell thrusters 5 reps, 5 pullups 5x for time. No assistance for the pullups and finished in 2:44. Hamstrings are STILL sore to the touch from deadlifts on Tuesday.

Second part of the workout was 4x800 with 2 minutes rest in between. Was hoping my hamstrings wouldn't hamstring me with this workout. Was tentative at first on the treadmill and actually was warming up as I went along. Times are as follows in order 3:17, 3:11, 2:58, 2:52. As of me writing this, the hamstrings are finally feeling a little better.

Gearing up for a half marathon on January 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment