Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The only way to get home is to run faster

So with the switcheroo I have going on this week, tonight's workout was run 6x800m(1/2 mile) with 4 minutes rest in between, all out effort.

Got home a bit later than I would have liked from work and tried to find the shortest WOD on the plan. With my 13.1M TT on Saturday, I chose to do this workout tonight. I had no desire to go to the gym tonight, but figured I would modify this workout a bit too.

Results are;
1st 800m @ 3:00, rest 4minutes, 2nd 800m @ 2:56, rest 4 minutes, then the modification came, I ran a mile instead of the next 2 800m, finished in 6:25, rested 4 minutes, 2nd mile was 6:27. All rest time was walking on the treadmill very slowly.

Yesterday's WOD was 50 step ups/40 box jumps/30 sit ups/20 pushups/10 burpees 2x for time. Sit ups were done on an incline bench, finished in 12:44.

6 comments:

  1. You are a fast bullet! And look at you sportin' those abs on an incline bench! Way to go! Good luck this weekend with your 1/2. Have fun and may the weather be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an embarassing reason I do them on the incline bench that I won't share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh come on, you can't just put it out there and then not share! If I can admit to getting a little wet during runs (if you know what i mean), I don't consider anything that embarrassing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay here goes. When I do situps on the ground/mat I get this irritation on my rear, that is not pretty, but pretty painful. I do the sit ups on the incline bench even though they are slower, they are not as irritating ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No matter what. We all have our irritations not just physically but mentally somethings. No matter you are the main man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DAN, I never share this with everyone because I thought was only me, but every time I did the WOD with sit ups at hotel (when I traveling for business) i get burn in the rear.
    I'm happy, I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete