Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The gym was really crowded

Last night's 5K for time was done on the treadmill because I didn't want to dodge cars to get to the Westside Highway. Finished in 21:01. Considering how sore I was, I am really happy with the time (34 seconds off my PR).

Tonight I had 7 sets of 1 repetiton of max weight deadlifts. Got to the gym and there was not one locker free and about 10 people ahead of me waitng. I brought my bag to the gym floor and had to do the deadlifts in the middle of the floor. The power rack was being used. Warmed up with 135lbs. The sets are as follows; 225, 275, 295, 305 (pr), failed at 305 the 2nd time, gave it another go and got it, 275x2 to finish.

Then there were still no lockers (good thing I had my tri shorts on under my shorts). Left my bag on the side of the pool and did my 1000 yards in 24:52. I know a lot of you couldn't swim that slow if you tried. You probably could doggie paddle faster, but at least I was comfortable the whole time. I didn't feel any drowning sensation (even though the pool is only 4 feet deep).

4 comments:

  1. Great run Dan - well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not that far behind you on the swim - maybe we will swim together at the Rev :) My motto, slow and steady wins the race.
    Great run time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up Bro man, I'm proud of ya....

    ReplyDelete