Saturday, April 24, 2010

Practiced a lot of bike handling today

Had a 20K bike on tap for today. Went up to Central Park around noon. Boy, what a mistake. Everyone was there. There was even some kind of walk for charity taking up half the lanes. Finished 12.04 miles in 42:46. I can usually do this distance in around 39 minutes. I was able to practice a lot of weaving, stopping, starting, etc. trying to avoid everyone. Now I know why I usually go early in the morning.

Compressed 2 WOD's into one session about 3 hours later. 5 sets of 5 reps of deadlifts. Results are 205, 225, 235, 245x2. Felt strong throughout.

Then I did 7 sets of max weight squats. I knew this wasn't going to be pretty. Startd at 205lbs. and stayed there for all sets, lost count in the middle and ended up doing 8 sets. Maybe could have put a few more pounds on the bar, but wanted to keep them deep enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment