Monday, March 7, 2011

I think the class helped

My friend Elaine invited me to a swim class with her on Saturday. After some warmup, the coach said my kicking is terrible. He had me practice some kickboard one leg kicking. Left leg, very slow. Right leg, I actually went backwards, yes backwards. Pool buoy, I was swimming like a champ (at least for me).

Yesterday went to the pool and practiced 50s with a 30 second break in between. Used the pool buoy one and swam without it the other. Times are 57, 56, 59, 1:02, 1:00, 1:03, 1:02, 1:04, 59, 1:03, 1:03. All in all, not bad for me, looking forward to getting after again soon.

Friday night, my friend Gerrit ran me into the ground. It was cold and windy (no excuse). He dragged me to a 7:41 average pace.

Tonight did a difficult AMRAP 5 deadlifts (used 60lb. dumbbells), 10 thrusters (used 35lb. dumbbells), 5 box jumps. I finished 10 rounds in the 20 minutes, really felt it.

2 comments:

  1. Im gonna try that. i never did 1 leg kicking. Maybe fins will help train your kicking. I know in open water swims I don't even usually kick because my wetsuit is holding my legs up and I burn less oxygen that way and save my legs for the run and the bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are addressing the swimming. It's the quickest way to take time off. Glad the training is going well.

    ReplyDelete