Nancy and I had a great time in Savannah. The weather was really hot, but I am not complaining. I was able to swim everyday in a pool basically to myself. Here are the results of the WOD's. There were 2 forced days off for the drive down and back up. Well here goes;
1) 5 sets of 3 reps of back squats 185,205,225x2,205
2) 21 burpees, 500m row, 15 burpees, 500m row, 9 burpees 500m row for time, finished in 9:46
3) 10, 20, 30 rep rounds of box jumps, squats, push ups, burpees. Used a 24 inch box and finished in 10:40. Had to lay down immediately after while Nancy finished. Left a little sweat angel on the gym floor.
4) 500yd swim in 11:38
5) 5 sets of 5 reps of thrusters. 95, 115x2, 125(failed on the 2nd rep), 120 x2.
6) swim 100yd, 5 pushups, 5 squats 8x for time, finished in 23:58
7) 800 yd swim time trial, finished 600 yds in 13:30 before being asked to leave the pool due to thunder in the area.
Got up at 5am and drove for just over 13 hours on Saturday, then did a 5 mile race on Father's Day in Central Park to support Prostate Cancer. Finished in 37:24, which placed me 109 out of 475 in my age group and was 7:28 minute miles. Heart rate averaged 178.
Yesterday was Helen at full speed which is run 400m, 21 kettlebells (used Nancy's 25lb. kettlebell), 12 pullups for time. Finished in 8:57.
This morning was 100 pushups for time. Finished in 3:15. Tonight was a 10K for time. It was hot, my friend Gerrit (the fast friend) and I ran it on the West Side Highway path. I finished in 45:40 which equates to 7:21 minutes per mile. He took it easy on me and pushed me the entire way. I know I ran faster because he was there.
Overall, I feel really good and am looking forward to the next 8 weeks or so of training before Timberman.