Friday, December 11, 2009

Dead Man Lifting

So Last night was Deadlifts (7X 1 rep). I was still really sore from the 500 squats. On top of that I was beat from a long week. It was the first really cold day and I was replacing the swim with the 30 min TT from the other day.

On my way home from work, I was thinking up as many excuses as I could as to why I should skip the workout. Then I remembered something I heard somewhere, "You can just as easily talk yourself into something as you can out of something." I also thought back to why I started this journey in the first place. One big reason was to be proud of myself for accomplishing what was for me an obnoxious goal and so that the people I care for could be proud of me. I wanted to show myself that I had the stick to it(ness) to complete something that I started. That I had the determination to keep working especially when I was tired, sore, blah blah blah. After this self pep talk I got ready and went to the gym.

Here are the results 205, 245, 275, 285, 285, 285, 205 (285 was a pr for me and I was astonished that as sore as I was I got 3 sets at it). I then went to the gym for my apartment building to ride the stationary bike (giving myself a 15 minute cool down). Managed 10.10 miles and considering my previous best was 10.12 miles, I was very happy with the results. It is amazing to me what we can be capable of, if we just believe in ourselves.

I am sure this won't be the last time I try to get myself out of a workout, but feel more determined than ever to keep doing my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment