Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Another 1/2 hour!!

Max and I mixed up today's workout a bit. It consisted of 21 reps of bench presses followed by squats. The first set of squats was timed to set the bar. Got 50 in the 1:30 we set as the timetable.

Let me say first, that I am weak. Finished the workout as prescribed in 29:34, every set of benching was broken, including the first. Towards the end I was doing 2 reps, waiting 20 seconds, doing 2 more until completion. I have a feeling I won't be able to wash my hair tomorrow morning. Abs still really sore from Sunday's knees to elbows.

Then it was immediately off to the pool for 4 x200 max efforts. Did I say I was slow? Slow and weak that is how I feel. First 200 finished in 4:21. Realized I got a late start in the pool and only had my lane for 30 minutes so the 3:00 rest was cut in half. 2nd set was 4:58. Then I felt I caught a bit of a groove (for me) and finished the last 2 sets in 4:50 and 4:51. As I am swimming, I keep remembering something a golf pro once said "Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent." I hope I am not ingraining a poor stroke. Will keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment