Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Holidays

I will work backwards from today's workout. Was off from work and Nancy and I ran a bunch of errands. Called the gym on our way back home to ask what time they would be open as I had to do 2 pullups, 4 deadlifts @bodyweight(180lbs.), 6 burpees and 8 situps AMRAP in 20 minutes. The lady at the gym said they close at 6pm. It was a mad dash to get home, get changed and run to the gym (about a 10 minute walk). When I walked in at 5:30pm, they said they were closed. I politely reminded them that they said 6pm on the phone, whereas they said "Yes we close at 6pm, but the gym floor closes at 5:30pm" I was fuming!!! I had to walk back home, get my ID for the gym for our apartment and improvise. I would not be denied.

There are no barbells and the heaviest dumbbells are 60lbs. I figured I would use these. Was able to get 11 full rounds and go through the burpees on the 12th round before the 20 minute limit. Am actually a little surprised how easy the pullups were. This strength stuff must work.

Yesterday was an off day.

Tuesday was a 5k row for the first workout. The only downside to losing 35 pounds is that I don't have a ton of cushion on my butt anymore (believe me, there is still plenty). My butt was asleep in about 10 minutes. Finished the 5k in 21:12. Hamstrings were a bit tight, so I warmed up for about 5 minutes on the treadmill before beginning the 2nd workout of the day which consisted of 3 TT. 800m, 1600m, 800m. The plan didn't say how long to wait between so I made the executive decision to rest for as long as the previous TT took. First half mile was 3:13, the mile clocked in at 6:52 and the final half mile was 3:25.

I know if done separately both workout times would have been better, but it is tough for me to do two a days, so I end up doing them back to back. I am excited for what the New Year will bring with my workouts. I have never felt better or been in better shape in my life. At this time of the year I am thankful for my family, especially Nancy for being so supportive. I also feel lucky to have found Max as my coach even though a lot of the times I don't feel lucky ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment