Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Arms Are Longer!!

Moved the 5k from Saturday to Sunday. Had a swim lesson in the am then went to the gym for 500m row, 15 push ups, 15 sit ups and 15 pull ups 4x for time. I did a similar workout last week 3x for time and finished in 13:36. I decided to keep the assistance the same on the gravitron (55lbs.). Finished in 16:45. Checked my watch after the third set to compare and it read 12:12. Happy with the results considering I was fighting a stomach bug of some sort.

Was able to get some rest last night and headed to the gym for the crossfit total, 1 max rep of shoulder press, back squat and deadlift. Warmed up with the bar, then put 135lbs on the bar to test myself. Barely got it, so it was definitely a max weight. Then onto the squat, I am really conscious of the depth of my squats as it is easy to do a lot of weight without going all the way down. I was able to do 185lbs. and realized I could handle more, but I wouldn't get much deeper. Then it was time for the deadlift. I had gotten 285lbs. the other day so I was being ambitious and put 300lbs. on the bar. It took everything I had (this is why my arms are now permanently longer), but I got it. I was surprised I didn't burst a bowel or something.

It was pouring out, so I went straight downstairs to do the 5k on the treadmill. Considering what I had just done, I was really happy with the 20:55 I put up. Came home and had to go horizontal for a while to recover. Feeling good now.

No comments:

Post a Comment