Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Last Few Workouts

Okay here goes. Some results from the past few workouts.

Saturday was a double, 500m row, 15 pushups, 15 situps, 15 pullups(55lb assist on the gravitron) 3x for time. Hard workout, finished in 13:36 partly due to the fact that I think the assistance on the pullups was too much. Although, coupled with the rowing my biceps felt really tight. When this was done, had 3- 5k bike TT. First one was 9:59, second was 10:12 and the 3rd was 9:45. Not sure why the 3rd one was faster, I think the first one was due to being not recovered at all from the 1st workout. I did rest about 2-3 minutes between the trials.

Substituted Sunday's workout with a 10k race with the NYRR. It was 33 degrees and Nancy and I were running with 4700 of our closest friends in NYC. I am thinking, are all these people crazy or am I the crazy one. Was happy that Nancy and I were doing this together. Finished in 45:39 (a pr for me) and good for 125th out of 432 men in my age group. Realized 3700 people broke an hour so it was a pretty fast race. This was my first mass start race and I thought I handled it pretty well. I am really thrilled with the time. Thinking about where I've come from, I could not be more pleased with where I am. I know I've said before that I feel slow and weak, not anymore ( at least with the run).

Monday was an off day and this morning did 500 squats for time. Last month this workout took me 22:56. This morning with Nancy's help, I tabata(ed) the whole thing and finished in 18:31. Had a Xmas party tonight so I am moving the 30 min bike TT to another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment